After analysis of the various How-to-Vote websites for the 2022 Victoria State Election, my strong recommendation is to visit https://electoralintegrity.au and view an uncomplicated website and their easy how-to-vote cards (digital distribution only). 'Electoral Integrity' (a 'no-cost-click' website) helps guide Victorian Voters in each of the 88 Districts (Legislative Assembly - Lower House) and the 8 Regions (Legislative Council - Upper House).
'Electoral Integrity' (with myself and others) recommend voting below the line for the Upper House (8 x Regions). Each of their How-to-Vote cards for the 8 Regions, are numbered 1 to 10 boxes below the line. This will take longer when completing the Upper House ballot paper (and especially if numbering ALL the boxes, below the line). But for the sake of 4 more years until the next VIC State Election, please kindly take the time and VOTE BELOW THE LINE ONLY.
TIP (Upper House Voting Guide):
Step-by-step instructions for voting beyond 'Electoral Integrity' 1-10 boxes, below the line.
1. Go to my webpage "DISTRICT MARGIN % 8 GVTS". https://votewisely.godaddysites.com/district-margin-%25-8-gvts-1
2. Source the multi-coloured Margin % - a 2-page document displayed (or download "Margin % - 88 Districts pdf") to view the 88 Districts from ALBERT PARK to YAN YEAN.
3. Find which is your District (electorate) in the left column.
4. Then go to the middle column to see the corresponding name of your Region (Upper House) e.g. MULGRAVE = SOUTH-EASTERN METROPOLITAN REGION (orange colour).
5. Now come out of this Margin % document and scroll down this same webpage, to find the actual name of your Region which shows the GVT (Group Voting Ticket) e.g. "5. GVT South-Eastern Metropolitan - 24 pages - 56 Candidates (pdf)".
6. Click/ download your Region GVT pdf (sourced from ABC website - Antony Green).
7. Once you open your Region GVT pdf (e.g. Pages 1 to 24 for South-Eastern Metropolitan), check out the various parties and their corresponding Group capital letter e.g. Freedom Party of Victoria is Group Q on South-Eastern Metropolitan region (Upper House).
8. Carefully view each page of this Region GVT document to see how the parties (and ungrouped) are positioned and you can see a preference pattern - especially with those parties using the scandalous 'cash for votes' preferences. Parties tend to preference or 'align' themselves with similar other parties e.g. Labor with Greens nearby on their GVT (and vice versa).
9. Choose your most preferred party/ ungrouped and go to their actual GVT page e.g. on South-Eastern Metropolitan GVT, the Freedom Party of Victoria is Group Q, which is shown on "Page 19 of 24". This GVT could be utilised as an initial guide to help voters with numbering ALL the boxes, below the line (not just the formal minimum of 5 boxes). Please put 'Sack Dan Andrews' party much further down your electoral list.
Numbering all the boxes, below the line, ensures your vote is not exhausted (wasted).
10. Remember to first visit https://electoralintegrity.au to see their How-to-Vote cards for the 8 Regions (Upper House) which show boxes 1 to 10 numbered (below the line). Then work out from box 11 onwards for YOUR PREFERENCES, until all boxes are numbered (below the line). It should take about 10-15 mins at the polling location, to carefully, slowly and accurately, number all the boxes, below the line.
The 'Electoral Integrity' website also has the 88 Districts (Lower House) HTV cards (digital distribution only).
P.S.1. After you have finalised your preference order (for both your District and Region), write them on 2 lists (one for the Lower House and one for the Upper House). Carefully check your preferences and have a copy placed on your mobile (just in case). Before going to the polling location, remember to take the 2 x prepared lists (to help with completing your 2 x ballot papers), your charged-up mobile phone and a pen.
P.S.2. Take your time at the polling location when numbering your 2 x ballot papers i.e. Lower House (Legislative Assembly) = Number All Boxes for your District. For your Region - Legislative Council (Upper House), you can vote either above the line (just number one box only as "1") or vote below the line (a minimum of 5 boxes - but number many more than this, below the line), as recommended - see steps above.
If you make a mistake, ask for a fresh ballot paper, which is a legal right.
MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT: VOTE with ELECTORAL INTEGRITY and VOTE WISELY
Authorised by S. Cousins, 5 Backhouse Rd., Lake Heights NSW 2502
"Vote Wisely" website and certain documents personally created by Sharon Cousins are protected under copyright (2022-2032).